BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all bin a member for a little bit now but never posted anything, so here it goes..
iv got a 2000reg 328ci and im getting water in my passenger door, i took the door card off and poured water over the window, then using other door jumped in and i can see it dripping down inside the door. inside of the seal and window was dry, could it be the outer seal or weather strip? and where do i get a new seal from?
eny info would be great, this is my first bmw and havent got a clue, dont even know if i could fix the seal myself!:frown

·
Registered
320 Posts
You will get some water in the door mate thats why there are drain holes at the bottom. The thing that stops it coming into the car is the door membrane or foam material that should be stuck onto the door with a black sticky substance (butyl sealer), this membrane should also be free of rips or cuts. Also the white clips on the door panel should have a foam washer round them..

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
yea last owner upgraded the speakers. and theres no membrane! so what do i do now?

ya fooked..

its gonna be tricky and messy and prolly expensive i think to do it properly and the last owner was a moron...

best go talk to a BMW dealers see if they have a solution if its missing altogether..

YouTube - E46 vapor barrier door fix

ide also check the bottom door drains are clear..

·
Registered
155 Posts
^ Buy a new door :) probably easier/cheaper in the long run!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts