BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some idiot with little or no intelligence, no education, no future prospects and probably a very small penis did this to my car last night! [email protected]!!!

Can anyone offer any advice on a cheap replacement? Electrics still work on it as the mirror moves but i'm guessing it's a 'replace the whole thing' job. The coloured cover off the back is ok too, so at least i don't have to get one painted.

If anyone has had the same problem and has had to replace theirs any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

·
Banned
478 Posts
ive had a look on euro car parts, if it is a electric folding mirror you are looking at £166, normal electric adjusted, £119,

you could try GSF, they may be a little cheaper!

Or you could try ebay or a breakers yard.

Was it parked with the mirror facing the path?? if so, the pillock must have hit it with a bat!

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's terrible mate.
what goes through the minds of these people to do something like that for a bit of fun
I hope if and when they get a car of their own the same thing happens so they can experience how you feel.
One of lifes little W**k**s.

·
Registered
71 Posts
was it path or roadside.its taken a big wallop:frown
tossbags.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was facing the path so some little twat has kicked it probably. Only a minor scratch on the body though which is a massive bonus. Keep looking at the positives!!!

I've cut it off now so i can keep using the car. What's even more annoying is that i'm moving in two weeks and i just knew that something like this would happen before i move out of town!

·
Banned
478 Posts
Be careful, it is illegal to drive a car without a drivers side door mirror, if by some unfortunate circumstance you do get pulled by the rozzers, just say, it just happened! and you are getting yourself home, you just never know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have a look on ebay, before I got m3 mirrors, I bought a pair of genuine heated & electric mirrors that were also in the right colour for £55, complete with glass.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Theres too much of it about. Back when i was at school a guy in the same year as me, slashed all of the tyres in the street he lived, leading a trail for the police to trace, all the way to his house!:rofl

A complete t**t non the less, and predictably he is now in prison for drugs offences. Why these people do this sort of cack is beyond me, but i think drugs and irresponsible drinking are key id say.

·
Registered
163 Posts
little wankers! it has happened to me before on my z3 and it happened to a mates m3 door mirrors.

i paid around £70 and just changed the housing from my wing mirrors so i would not have to get the thing resprayed. i souced the wing mirror from ebay

my mate went and bought brand new ones at a costs of a few hundred

·
Registered
109 Posts
I understand Exactly how you Feel!
Just before Christmas my Windscreen was Broken with a Golf Club..This was caught on CCtv there were 3 Cars with their Screens smashed...The Police were informed the "Kids" were caught has there had Been a Fight and the "Gangs" were Arrested for this Other "Incident"...I recieved a Letter Stating that the Culprits would not be charged with the Damage to my car As it was " Not in Public interest" Therefore I couldn't reclaim my £60 Excess to have my screen replaced!
It's Insane....Really make me want to Give up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts