BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead.

I love my e46 and i love working on it but this is driving me nuts now!, i've searched and searched the net and am now down to the possiblilty of pump failure... it was intermittant at first with the 2 (asc & abs) lighting up,. i also had a buzzing from the abs pump just before the lights come on (imminent pump failure?) now the lights are on permanantly, i initially replaced the drivers side rear sensor which made the lights go out for a 5 mile journey!, so i got pa soft and read the codes,. after hours of googling i established the codes i had pointed to the front left sensor signal or front sensor inlet valve?, so ive replaced this sensor as well,..... the lights are still on and i cant clear the errors,. and to add insult to injury the handbrake light is now intermittantly coming on as well!!., does anyone think the initial buzzing from the ABS pump means its failed,(inlet valve code?) when i changed the front left sensor i had same codes apart from one,. codes below from ABS in pa soft,.>

dec 20 hex 0014 0/00 (Prior to frnt new lft sensor = dec 18)
dec 33 hex 0021 255/ff
dec 17 hex 0011 0/00..

all these codes are for inlet valve errors (if my abs is teves version 2?) does that mean the abs pump/modulator is shot?
can anyone help with this? dont want to spend shedloads of cash getting it sorted if i can diy replacment pump/modulator..

thanks!

2000 323ci
in car PC with touchscreen
18" m5 alloys

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
someone on another forum reckons these are crankshaft error codes?? i read them through odb1 by the way,...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for replying, ive been on another well known forum for guidance and all im getting is condasending lectures & comments,....

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Anything about Teves MK20 or Teves MK60? think yours should be MK60, but be great if you can check on your diagnostics for me. Then I can post what codes I have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes from the research ive been doing i think mk60 but nothing about that in the diags, (which are limited as its P.S. soft !),.. what do you think about the buzzing noise i heard from the abs module just before the 3 lights came on? this was before they were on all the time and the situation has gone from intermittant to permantly on over about 2 mnths, could this be damage to the module?,. apparantly it can throw sensor codes when its damaged,.?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Yes usually if there's a failure of that kind then there will be a fault code. You'll probably be best to get the fault codes read with some BMW specific kit, as the codes for MK60 start off with codes like 5D8C

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i'll get it scanned properly,. shame i cant get this sorted myself, im not the giving up type!,. frustrating,. .thanks very much for the advice,..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Ronnie. I think I have a very similar problem, my Teves Mk60 is giving two codes C1D8C - CAN data bus No data and C1D97 Yaw rate sensor Voltage out of range. Any help would be gratefully received. The Teves Unit, not sure how much of it, has been back to BBA for repair twice since May and is about to go back for a third time, so I'm getting desperate. hope you can help. Arthur

1 - 18 of 18 Posts