BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Hope someone can help. I've got an E46 (2000 W-plate) Rag Top. Its not a major problem but its becoming quiet annoying. Everytime I wash my car and there is freezing weather the next day or a few days after my drivers door wont open (passenger door is fine). Not sure if the water is getting into the door handle or getting between the rear quarter and door into the lock and freezing it. Are there any seals that could have gone or am I just ganna have to put up with it?
Cheers

Just thought I'd mention as well. I used Auto Glym Leather Cleaner, and Auto Glym Leather Care Cream on my seats and door cards today. Would highly recommend it! Got quite a bit of sh#t off, the rear bench is looking like new. I reckon with a couple more cleans with the Care Cream and the fronts will be the same. Hope thats some use?!

·
Registered
1 Posts
e46 door handle

tha handles on this model are not very good, i had same problem . First try adjusting the lock mech. by losening the adjustment screw on the side of the door[it has a plastic cap covering it]. If that does not work I stripped the door down and took out the whole lock mechanism. There is a metal lever that sits behind the handle pull,over time this start to bend outward, you need to bend this back to where it should be and then refit. It i s a difficult job as you need to remove the glass to get the mechanism out of door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.