BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have fitted an aftermarket stereo today w reg 323i bmw took out the original one and fitted new one with round pin connector lead !!!

We cannot gat a radio reception it has two wires which look like ariel leads one large and one small we used the larger one with an adaptor fitted so it pushed into rear of stereo.

Anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks shane

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I have moved this thread into the appropriate forum section for you.

Please post all your vehicle details in every thread unless "Open Topic":thumbsup

Example title.....1992 E36 318is Coupe - Water Leak

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try and post tonight :)

Does anyone know what the small plug is for it half way along the back of the stereo ?

Its a business cassette stereo which was fitted

Shane

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep thats the one small push on plug with coax on it. Also on the multi plug we removed from rear of old stereo there was the block for the power and speakers which we connected to the new block but also there is a white multi block below it anyone know what that is for its joined to the other block?

Shane

·
Registered
11 Posts
That coaxial connector is for DSP (digital sound processing) if you have that feature. The extra block sounds like the AUX for attaching an external pre-amp/sound source.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

i dont think the new stereo has that feature but the old one may have had(THE ORIGINAL BMW BUSINESS ONE) as this is where the plug came from !! also the extra block is from the old stereo same as the extra coax not the new one the white block has lots of very small wires and small pins it locates in the rear of the old stereo the same time you fit the main plug into the back its all joined !!

Tryed to speak with a car stereo fitting place but as we did not buy stereo from there they no help at all :(

Shane

I have spoken to someone who says the car has fitted somewhere an power amp for the ariel like a booster and if the power from the stereo is not connected to that it will not work and give no radio reception does anyone know how and if this is true and if so how to fix it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The booster is located in the nearside rear pillar of your car as shown HERE. Remove the side trim in the boot to get access to the wiring so you can test it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts