BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...
I'm now bored with doing the ping pong ball impression in the 323 and am looking to get the rea trailing arm bushes replaced by either an indie, but have no idea how much or how long it will take...anyone had them done and can advise please?

The fronts i can probably do myself, but just out of interest, would anyone know what the time is on the front track control arm bushes is?
Is it worth just changing the whole lot (ie, control arm and bushes?) while i'm in there? Might be easier,might'nt it?
GSF list the arm at £47+vat each side (arm) and £17+vat for each bush.
Read somewhere that Febi are the ones to use if not doing the polybush thing.
I dunno if i can justify the polys though....

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant price wise...:D
Take it from that, that it makes a whole load of difference then?

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I did mine, I had the new brackets with 66mm bushings fitted (from previous change as 60mm were obsoleted by then). If you want to stick to your current brackets, then you will first need to pull them off the arms, press out the old oil filled ones, and fit new powerflex or similar to them. Taking out part took me 1/2 hr each side, got a machine shop to press out old and fit new bushings from the bracket, and then 15 mins each side to fit back.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Rear trailing arm bushes will get billed out at 1.5 - 2 hours probably, even though they can be done in 1/2 hour for both with the tool :eek

(did I just say that! :shifty:, oh well, indys will hate me now:rofl)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heh, its amazing what a bit of research will uncover...turns out the car had new "wishbones" (i can only assume he meant track control arms) and bushes last year, so it aint the fronts...:)
along with the info-it only needs an inspection 1 and had disks and pads in june..:)yay:)
Would the rears make it tramline like a train? its really starting to bore me now.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
It will be worth getting a 4 wheel alignment on the car to sort the "steering" out, I would check the RTABs first though as if they do need doing then you will end up getting the alignment done twice.

Also what size are the wheels and the ET(Offset)?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dont know the offset, its not in the moulding text on the wheels. Theyre 18" differing width front and rear, 225 front and 255 rear tyres. i understand i'll get some effect off the tyre sizes, but this is scary..:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts