BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Sorry to keep as asking questions lol

When i engage reverse gear there is a constant beeping(same as you hear from parking sensors when reversed real close to something)

The sensors are clean and each one is making a ticking noise with ignition on and reverse gear selected

I have done a search through backposts but not found anyone with the beeping being constant.

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it wasnt bmw specific, i think it works on a lot of diffirent cars.

It my local garage i took it to. I think its a fancy machine ,had a big screen that clipped onto the steering wheel :confused

Does it need to be a bmw only reader?

As im also having a running prob and it isnt picking anything up with that either?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems to have fixed itself now :)

And another prob has replaced it

Think its used a litre of oil in 200 miles :mad

Il start another thread

Thanks for your help m8

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem with my sensors on my 2002 325 coupe, i took it to bmw, and turned out to be a faulty sensor, they changed it for me as the car is under extended warranty from them it didn't cost me anything.
On my previous bmw.. a 320 coupe, i had the same issue, but i never bothered to get it checked out, and in the end it went away on its own.. hope yours stays ok, but becareful when reversing!!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
If the codes for the PDC system are read using a BMW specific scanner and no codes are present then the next step is to look at the live data values for the sensor, they may be measuring distances wrongly. (255cms keeps springing into my head but I will have to wait till I have one on the scanner to see if this is correct)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.