BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
About the car 136hp made in 2000 had the vp44 pump swapped by the previous owner. I removed the EGR completly (bypassed). Swapped pressure converter numerous times (still bad performance) new vacuum hose, cleaned maf also disconnected maf and cleaned breather also no CEL.
One moment to another my car started to have rough idle. It sounds like its coughing to death and the rpm drops significant and jumps back consistent. If the engine reached the temperature its still doing it (stopping at a red light for example). I tried cleaning my breather (probably needs a new one) disconnected the maf also cleaned it no changes. If i accelerate a bigger the exhaust pipe in the engine bay gets pumped up a lot. I have one more known stuff about the car the pressure converter had problems in the past (tried 3 different ones still the car has low power which is not my biggest concern now). If i press the pedal to reach 1000-1300 and back down to idle rpm, the rpm became normal for like 10 seconds and starts coughing again (probably misfire). If anybody has a tip to fix this issue i would really appriciate that.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Possibly worth checking your injectors as well. My engine idle would be erratic when a couple of injectors were on their way out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I second the injectors. Can you read codes/observe injector adjustment? Duff injectors can give the symptoms of a misfire, which isn't actually a misfire as it's a diesel, it's a diesel supply issue.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'd also look at fuel pump, hoses and fuel filter, indeed all the fuel system from tank pickup ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sign back because i fixed the problem cost free and maybe it will help somebody in the future. The fourth injector (the only one with a sensor) the pin connector’s cable got damaged so i got that cable soldered with a new one and it fixed the whole thing instantly. The error code disappeared as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts