BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have got a 2000 320d, when i accelerate hard in 3rd or 4th gear my car seems to give my lots of power to start off with then it feels like ive took my foot off the gas until the revs build up again then its seems fine, but if i accelerate normally it seems fine. does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? cheers

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry, could you run through the symptoms in more detail. It sounds like overboost but I need you to clarify exactly what happens.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just so I don't start another post I'm going to hijack this one! I have a similar problem. When I accelerate hard, its like something is slipping or your trying to accelerate on sheet ice (is the best way to describe it).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Guys, detail the engine speed, road speed, load, duration of 'pause' in performance, any dash lights, smoke, noises, etc etc etc. The more detail, the easier it will be to narrow down a cause.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

I believe it happens in all gears but you notice more in a high gear when the revs are low. I am thinking now could it be the turbo? Nothing else is odd just apart from when you accelerate hard i.e 3000 rpm. the revs are erratic and the car accelerates in jerks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi,

I believe it happens in all gears but you notice more in a high gear when the revs are low. I am thinking now could it be the turbo? Nothing else is odd just apart from when you accelerate hard i.e 3000 rpm. the revs are erratic and the car accelerates in jerks!
Sounds like a slipping clutch to me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sounds like a slipping clutch to me.
+1, but could be loads of things.

Pop it into any garage for a better idea, OR get a mate who is mechanically minded to have a look and get a better diagnosis.

Reactions: wrighthere

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi, mine seems to have a similar problem with my 2001 320d (136bhp) @2000rpm I get a split second boost and thats it. did you ever get to the bottom of it?
thanks
MIke

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi guys, did anyone get the bottom of this? I have what sounds like the same problems. So far to date i have had a new MAF (cos that code came up). Cleaned EGR, replaced vacume hose to vac reservoir, checked pipes for splits. I have read somewhere that the breather filter on the crankcase is used by the turbo, and these should be changed every 20k, mine has never been done as far as am i aware (well i havnt anyway). Would this make sense?thanks guys

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm not entirely sure but I thought the breather filter was a problem on the 2002-2003 models, your 136bhp pre-facelift model might not be affected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys , just wondring was there a positive outcome to this thread as i too have this problem with my 2000 e46 320d 136 bhp. any answers would be great!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts