BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Can anyone recommend a good quality soft tyre? The Pirelli's I currently have on seem to be really harsh. I've tried varying the pressure with no real change in the ride quality and as the current rubber is beginning to wear a bit thin, I figured I might as well replace them.

Wheel size is 225/40/R17 or possibly 225/45/R17...... I should probably go double check that. :hihi

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turns out they're 225/45/R17's

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Mind if I ask what pressures you have tried using on the tyres?

(Pirelli's aren't that hard to be honest!).

Continental and Goodyear have softer sidewalls that give great comfort but are rigid enough to retain good formation when pushing hard.

Bridgestone always tend to be very hard, hence give a firmer feel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried everything from 2.0 to 2.7bar as they were the given variables for the tyres (according to the plate on the car and various websites)...

I'm getting a full set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's fitted as I type - they seem to be getting good reviews on a number of sites and the garage conviniently situated next to my office gave me a good deal (£360 fully fitted, balanced etc for 4) - Plus, they look pretty tasty. Not that that's important or anything.... :)

http://www.vredestein.co.uk/Banden_Bandtypes.asp?UsersessionID=96100581&BandgroepID=1&BandtypeID=3

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sat at my desk waiting for the call to say the work is done. I'm off to the Lake District at the weekend so lots of motorway followed by plenty of country lanes, so will post an initial review when I get back on Monday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts