BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope you can help.ive bought a 200 w plate 318i touring bmw,the engine management light came on,the car seems to still run fine.took it to my local garage for diagnostic testing,it came back with the following report.fault codes,155 misfire,171 mixture adaptation out of range,160 misfire several cylinder with cutoff,120 hot film-air mass sensor,121 intake air temperature sensor,141 o2 sensor control limit,technician added,fuel air mixture of engine running lean,scoped afm no fault found,after checking engine components fault found to be engine breather valve stuck open on inlet plenium chamber.ok ,so i thought id change the breather valve and hoses,so i sent this info to a chap who sells the valve and hoses and he came back to say the valve is supposed to be open,he thought lambda sensors,bmw dealer has been no help at all,as these parts are expensive ,what do you think,cheers mate ,driving me nuts!,regards,john

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update

spoke to the original garage that did the diagnostic testing,they are adamant the valve should close when engine warm,said they carrie dout smoke test and their 100 per convinced its the breather valve,now im not a mechanic,i havent a clue,all i do know is im paying these guys a lot of money and ive got a bmw thats still not fixed and im sick of people guessing at my expense,what do you guys think?

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Mate - please retitle your thread as per the Forum rules............you'll see that the titling rules not only keeps the place tidy but allows people with the knowledge to see what your post is about and help you..........

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I've retitled your Thread for you John, please have a look at the forum rules in regards to titling threads. Rules can be found in my Signature link below this post. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts