BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody help me?

i want to put a 2001 2.0l 143 bhp engine in my 2000 318i that has a 1.9l 118 bhp engine in it.

Is the wiring loom the same? and if so will the correct ecu after being immobilised just plug and play?

thanks

:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
can anybody help me?

i want to put a 2001 2.0l 143 bhp engine in my 2000 318i that has a 1.9l 118 bhp engine in it.

Is the wiring loom the same? and if so will the correct ecu after being immobilised just plug and play?

thanks

:thumbsup

If I remeber correctly mate.......we did one of these about a couple of years ago.............you'll need the loom, ECU and the EWS from the donor.........also the exhaust system aswell mate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks mate, will look into it.

Does the engine loom unplug from the rest of the car?

Are the engine mounts the same?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
ok thanks mate, will look into it.

Does the engine loom unplug from the rest of the car?

Are the engine mounts the same?

Off the top of my head.............the engine mounts are interchangeable but if you manage to get the mounts with the donor engine then just use those........also the loom will unplug from the junction box on the pass side bulk-head area.......just unplug everything from there and you should be able to remove the whole engine complete with the loom.

Just out of curiosity mate- why are you swapping the engines over?

is yours buggered?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
na it not broken but it done nearly 130,000 miles and i wanted the extra power but a 2002 318 came in my garage today and it looks like a right nightmare to change it so i thinking about supercharging it. i have already got a mini cooper s supercharger lying around and a tuning company owes us a favour so they will sort me a standalone management out. so maybe soon it will have around 180 bhp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts