BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
dont know if anyone can help here, went shopping with the missus, put shopping in boot, went to start the car noticed on the dash that it was saying brake lights out checked the brake lights everything working fine for some reason i checked the boot !! the boot will not open either.

Any you guys out there any ideas please

Cheers Ed

·
Registered
478 Posts
Can you get through from the inside to pull the emergency lever??? You may be able to pull the cable from inside under the seats if you are lucky this should pop the boot, if not I'm stuck...

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes mate i can open the boot ok with the key dosen't open with the key sensor, but was wondering why is there warning lights telling me that the brake lights are out and at the same time i cannot open the boot by hand.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yes mate i can open the boot ok with the key dosen't open with the key sensor, but was wondering why is there warning lights telling me that the brake lights are out and at the same time i cannot open the boot by hand.

Are your number plate lights working?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sounds like water in the circuitry causing a short, or possibly a dodgy connection, my five had one with the BL they came and went as they pleased.

Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
Best place to start would be to look at the wiring loom that is covered by a rubber boot betwen the boot lid and the body. Common problem with frayed wiring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts