BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people i went to drive my car the other day i started the car the temp guage seemed to be reading correct (cold) then shot up to the red as i drove it it went back down to cold the heater dont seem to get very hot and the temp needle never sits in the middle were it should do (rough operating temp) ive checked the water got plenty, could this be the thermostat failing to close or open this has been occuring over the last week all your help will be great as i really want to get to the bottom of it before it escalates to something bigger

·
Registered
117 Posts
Alright mate did you get your stat changed I'm having similar problems myself where are you going to get your stat from cheers

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Havent done it yet probly take it apart weekend il probly get the stat from the stealers rather than cheap sh*t we see depends on price because i got to do pads too this weekend for mot il let you know how much it is if need be, not all that exspensive i dont think

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Seb will it be worth while changing the egr aswell why im doing the main stat
I did as I read on here that a lot of ppl with similar probs replaced both and it sorted the prob. For the money you might as well...:thumbsup

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bmwcoupw1 stealers are asking £77 inc vat also seb they told me i dont have an egr he said it has a simular system, so i asked " does this system contain a stat" he replys " i wouldnt have a clue" i beleive i have the m43 or n43 engine couldnt really hear him can anyone confirm this shabby dealer info:mad

·
Registered
787 Posts
Bmwcoupw1 stealers are asking £77 inc vat also seb they told me i dont have an egr he said it has a simular system, so i asked " does this system contain a stat" he replys " i wouldnt have a clue" i beleive i have the m43 or n43 engine couldnt really hear him can anyone confirm this shabby dealer info:mad
Hi. 2000 318i engine is the M43. Here is a link to the thermostat- http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E...000/march/browse/engine/waterpump_thermostat/ , I think the EGR is on a diesel engine.
Someone has already posted a link to a cheaper supplier, also try Eurocarparts or GSF parts. Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts