BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a peake tool from a friend, has worked on his car so i know its ok, plugged it into mine using the guide (turn key to almost start position and then insert the tool) but when ever i go to do anything i just get a flashing E, have looked around online but cant seem to find a cure, anyone had any experience with this?

i tried using an OBD2 tool under the dash but got nothing with that.

thanks Ryan

·
Registered
11 Posts
That sounds like the K-Bus has hung which was probably due to either an attempted pin short to reset service or use of an inferior diagnostic reader. If disconnecting the battery for 5 mins to reset the ECU does not cure the problem, then you will need to visit a garage that has DIS/MoDIC or Autologic diagnostic equipment to force reset the bus.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks NealP, i tried 5 mins and then 2 hours, just to be sure, and it still just flashes "E" i also tried a few things on the peake website like reversing the insert procedure and cycling the key a few times, i take it when they say turn the key on, they mean so all the dash lights are on?

Where am i likely to find someone with the software capable of doing it? will an independent do it or do i need to go to a stealer?

Thanks Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts