BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mines just gone so i need a new one and fly wheel but im skint so looking at used parts for now. will all m42 clutch's fit? im looking at one off a 316 compact.

mines a 2000 318ci

cheers guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very good prices on there but im really too skint so will use 2nd hand for now and replace with new in few months. im guessing a 2000 316 1.9 will fit my 2000 318ci 1.9 part codes are the same

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Are you replacing it yourself? Not a particulary quick or easy job, I certainly wouldn't fancy doing it twice in quick succession:frown

And will cost quite a bit for a garage to do it twice.

You sure the flywheel will need replacing? Save some money if it doesn't

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a mate is doing it cheap. everyone seems to say if ones gone the other will be in need of replacing. if im lucky and get good one it could keep me going for a long time

·
Registered
75 Posts
a mate is doing it cheap. everyone seems to say if ones gone the other will be in need of replacing. if im lucky and get good one it could keep me going for a long time
Just make sure the dual mass flywheel is not loose & rattling when you have the clutch removed and is not seized, just try and turn it back and forward it should be springy, the clutch on the 1.9 is a very easy job just remove the complete exhaust and drop the gearbox cross member and you can get to all the bell housing bolts with ease a couple of hours and job is done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts