BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Ive got a problem with my cd changer not ejecting the magazine, also cd player says 'no magazine' when i try to play cds. anyone had the same prob or know how to sort it? thanks alot.

·
Banned
344 Posts
Hi guys, Ive got a problem with my cd changer not ejecting the magazine, also cd player says 'no magazine' when i try to play cds. anyone had the same prob or know how to sort it? thanks alot.
Hi,

Yeah i had that this week tbh, error message stated 'CDR ERROR' so i hit it in a piss lol then the magazine popped out lol, i then put the cds back in and pushed the mag back in the changer. Error massage then said 'NO MAGAZINE'!

in the end took it to bmw who changed it as is was faulty (Common problem i was told by the garage!

New one is £293.84 + VAT i was told

What head unit are you running at the moment? Buiness RDS? Nav Unit?

Stu

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife's car had the same problem, fixed it this weekend just took the changer apart and cleared the jam, there is a small grey gear that drive's a very large black gear that loads and unloads the CD trays just turned the small gear whilst helping the tray out. Put it back in the car and all is well.
There is a small part of the grey gear broken off this was causing the jam but there is enough of the gear left for it to work OK.
I guess this is a week part over time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks mate , i tried to do that weekend just gone but couldnt get the front of the changer off as i didnt want to break any clips, how did u go about opening it up? thanks scott

·
Registered
880 Posts
Don't thake the front off, thake the lid off.

Remove the 2 screws from the protruding box at the back of the changer with the audio/iBus connections and fuse, carefully release the ribbon cable. Then undo the rest of the screws and take off the metal lid/sides.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep as said above. 4 screws hold it in the car 8mm socket. Unplug the 2 cables and its out. Then 4 (i think) small phillips head screws hold the lid on mine poped apart fairly easy, no clips just screws.:thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts