BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been driving home and noticed my airbag light acting strange, everytime I turn right the airbag light comes on, it goes straight back off when I straighten the wheel and does not come on when I turn left, can anyone please shed any light on why it would do this when turning right?

·
Registered
39 Posts
that is a puzzler.

I had a problem with my airbag light as well, was on intermittently at random times, often during bumpy road conditions/heavy braking. Turned out it was the passenger seat sensor. Just got a little box thing off ebay, disconnected a wire going to the seat and plugged this box in and the light went out. it simulates the output you would get from a correctly functioning passenger seat sensor with someone sitting in it. if you do decide to give it a go (only about £10 from ebay) remember to disconnect the battery before unplugging anything airbag related.

but don't see how turning would influence the light. hmm...

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2000 318ci (e46) airbag light

Cheers if it turned out to be a faulty airbag how much wud I be looking at fir a replacement?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think it is the passenger side door as when a passenger is in there and I turn right and the passenger leans towards the door the airbag light comes on. Also does an airbag light on fail ur mot?

·
Registered
24 Posts
for the sake of a tenner, fit one of those occupancy sensor bypass units before fannying about elsewhere...

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that's what I will be doing was just asking if any1 had any idea of the costs involved to sort it properly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts