BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When idling my car is juddering ever so slightly. this started the other day when i put some petrol in from a garage and as soon as i started the car it didnt run right, so i put the juddering down to 'dirty' petrol. So i put a extra 20 litre of V-Power on top to try and mix it in, i havnt used all the petrol yet but its getting there and the car is juddering at 1000 rpm when stopped at juctions and seems to want to move off but its slow on responce next minute it jumps and goes. My dad seems to think i might need some new spark plugs, leads or a coil pack.

What do you lot think? any idea's?

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
air leak after the maf can cause this too.
check all inlet pipework/vacuum lines...especially in the concertina bits..
mine was doing something similar until i changed the pcv oil seperater...check for a honking noise if you loosen the oil filler cap ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just changed the sparkl plugs and its still the same, so i think ill get it plugged in and see what the comes up with. Friend says its the oxygen sensor and am thinking coil pack ?!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
air leak after the maf can cause this too.
check all inlet pipework/vacuum lines...especially in the concertina bits..
mine was doing something similar until i changed the pcv oil seperater...check for a honking noise if you loosen the oil filler cap ;)
Just started the car, took off the oil cap on the top of the engine and it made a right deep burping / honking kinda noise... If this is the noise your talking about.. Can you lighten me on the area i need to check for the air leaks? i am useless when it comes to engines so as much info and pictures would be a major help ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
12 Posts
COIL-pencil

Does it sound like its running on three? If so the coil (pencil) type run on to each spark plug and they are common faults! You may need to change one! You have to play about moving it from 1-2-3-4 unless you have diagnostic kit.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i too the injection part off and found a split pipe at the back of the head, so i changed that and its running alot better! but i noticed that where the injection part is if dirty, alot of build up over the years i suppose and i take it that this build of of rubbish isnt going to help. been told to tip Red X in there while the car is running to get rid of it, but am thinking am going ti use some Carb Cleaner and wipe it out instead of letting it break down inside my engine.... unless anyone else can help me out on this or what else i can do to clean this build up out?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts