BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Hope someone can help,I have a bmw 316 sport 1.9 engine year 2000 (w reg) i tried to start it Saturday it turned over but would not fire , Also the rev counter and temp gages were going up and down erratically. When ignition was left on you can hear relays clicking, we got a mobile mechanic who changed the crank sensor which has made no difference,He now thinks it may be the ECU,Has anyone else had or heard of prob like this before i spend alot of money on an ECU,Thank You all in advance.... Dave

·
Registered
156 Posts
Whats your mechanic basing this on? Has he plugged it into a Fault reader? Instead of just jumping that its the ECU this could be an electrical short circuit. Any additional info you can supply will help us all to help you as best we can :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
When ignition has been left on it has probably drained enough juice out the battery for it to not fire up....I would recommend getting the codes read to show any faults stored on the ecu and go from there-if you just going to replace stuff willy-nilly its going to cost you a lot of money

1 - 3 of 3 Posts