BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I want to lower my car but obviously (times are hard) i want to do it the cheap way.
I know just buying lowering springs is the cheap way but im thinking my shocks may be too long for the springs. Also my shocks are 9 years old and my car has done 80k. Do you think i should put my hand in my pocket and get shocks too?
Silly question but what are coilover? Ive seen a kit on this forum forsale for a good price but dont know if that is all i need. If i buy Coilovers do i need any other parts?

Will appreciate your help guys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i say put ur hand in to get coilovers, with the price of them on this site for a bmw its well worth it, plus everything is brand new so no worrys .
Im thinkin about coilies as a slammed bimmer looks wicked :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. Will i need any other parts to fit these coilovers or do they just bolt straight on?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I have moved and retitled this thread so that it complies with forum rules:thumbsup

With regards to your lowering question, how low are you looking to go?

When I had the 1.8 16valve engine I was using the G-max sports suspension kit which comprised of 60mm lowering springs and shortened dampers:D

Now with the Motorsport set up I use H&R coilovers, Eibach anti-roll bars and Powerflex Polyurethane bushes:cool

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok it looks like im going to put my hand in my pocket and get a set of Coilovers from Hottuning.eu.
Ive sent an email for price so just waiting now.
What do you all think of a drop in height for the compact? I thought 50/40. I got 17'' m sport alloys.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Ok it looks like im going to put my hand in my pocket and get a set of Coilovers from Hottuning.eu.
Ive sent an email for price so just waiting now.
What do you all think of a drop in height for the compact? I thought 50/40. I got 17'' m sport alloys.
My ex had a 50mm drop all around and was running 19" RYM's:thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts