BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the forum and have just got my self a 2000 530D with about 80k miles on the clock
I am think of getting it remapped and I was thinking about the VIEZU V-SWITCH ECU hand held remapping switch I was wondering if anyone has used one of these

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi there. As i'm not currently a sponsor I can't say to much. but I deal with these devices but under there real name of ALIENTECH powergates. They are great devices, but you just need to know who you should buy from as they are only as good as the maps that get loaded on them. And I know what i'm talking about here.

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
They are available from others and they are a handy solution to swap maps although I do worry that some customers may not take as much care when loading maps which can cause problems.
I believe there is an inbuilt recovery feature, but the feeling when you turn the key and the car doesn't start isn't nice!
I haven't heard of problems yet, just theoretical problems, so maybe I am being overcautious, but they do need the user to follow the instructions.

If you are set on a switchable option, I can look into supplying and Alientech powergate, although it will cost more than a remap.
It will also be tied to one particular car after it's first use.

·
Registered
640 Posts
The powergate can be RE-USED on another vehicle as long as the first vehicle is set back to standard first!! The all you need to do is contact the supplier of the powergate and purchase new maps for your new vehicle.
This is bearing in mind that the vehicle you wish to use the powergate on is actually on the application list.
They also double as a BASIC diagnostic tool. Never had any problems with them in the past and many customers have given great reviews on them.
As said above, just make sure that whoever you buy them from can actually give you great maps to use with it!

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Good little too but do some home work on the maps .... As for it being switchable is this somthing you really need ?? Most people that want that there cars are still under warranty so they don't get courght out having it mapped ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys for all the replies
The amin reason I was looking at this was V switch was the fact that i can choose from 2 other maps
I have been told that I will have my standard map, One map for max performance and one map for max economy and the ability to then transfer this to another car when I decide to sell this one

Then at £400 the price was about the same thing as a permanent map which just restricted you to one setting

:confused

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Thanks Guys for all the replies
The amin reason I was looking at this was V switch was the fact that i can choose from 2 other maps
I have been told that I will have my standard map, One map for max performance and one map for max economy and the ability to then transfer this to another car when I decide to sell this one

Then at £400 the price was about the same thing as a permanent map which just restricted you to one setting

:confused
Our cost for the 530d is £280 all in. Your wright in what your saying that you can take the switch from car to car.. But they will charge you each time..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts