BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with the fan control on my 2000 530d Auto, it has dual temperature control which operates fine on temperature, but the fan control seems to a have mind all of its own.
Tha Auto function is irelevent as the fan starts as you would expect with a a steady gentle stream of air, but them procceds to blast at maximum, even if I select the 'Auto' function....the only way to stop this happening is by switching the system off..................becoming annoying...anyone that can help ??

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Sounds like the final stage resistor(hedgehog), common problem, have a search on here and you will find some more info out :thumbsup

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have an issue with the airbag light on the dash being on after the car is started, I have been told that it could be due to having childrens seats in the raer of the vehicle, but no feet on the floor due to height.
BMW also tell me it may or may NOT deploy in the event of an accident !
They wanted around £150 to get it sorted !
I wondered if this is right...or there is an easy test of check to reset it I can do myself ?
Sorry to batter you with questions

Pickle

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Best bet would be to take it to a indy and have them read the fault codes for the airbag system, it could be something like the drivers slip ring or a occupancy sensor, unfortunately only can be read with a scanner

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lumpy Diesel

Thanks, thought I would have to get it seen to.
I also have an issue with engine now, as I discovered on the way home from work today, the idle speed every few seconds with blip or drop, it also ran like a bag of nails on my way home, doidn't think I would make, really rough, didn't seem to have any balls in the engine, felt like 5 x cylinders, then I get home and doesn't seem too bad, but not 100%....sorry to batter you again....any ideas, thanks for the help with FSR

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have an issue with the fan control on my 2000 530d Auto, it has dual temperature control which operates fine on temperature, but the fan control seems to a have mind all of its own.
Tha Auto function is irelevent as the fan starts as you would expect with a a steady gentle stream of air, but them procceds to blast at maximum, even if I select the 'Auto' function....the only way to stop this happening is by switching the system off..................becoming annoying...anyone that can help ??
Hi

I recently bought a 535i sport auto, and had the same problem as you with the fan control doing its own thing. Ronnie is right its the Final Stage Unit also known as a Hedgehog Pin, I managed to buy one off of ebay for about £50 i think and fit it myself. it is quite simple and it sorted out the fan. If you do buy a new hedgehog pin when it arrives do not worry when you see it as it is bigger then the old one. I have had no problem since.

TruckGirl;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts