BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I am new to the forum and have a 2000 E39 530d .Having read the posts about swirlf flaps I will be changing them ASAP.People are talking about cleaning deposits from EGR valves etc.I was wondereing if this cleaning can be done in an Ultra sonic tank without damage as this type of cleaning is very thorough.Has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
206 Posts
never tried it with ultra sonic did it on my old 330d the old fasioned way with chemicals , there are some serious deposits on it can be up to a centimeter thick i dont know if ultrasonic would do it would it ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,Yes,The ultrasonic process is very thorough.It amplifies the effect of the cleaning chemicals and will find its way into the smallest places.I just wondered if there was anything on the EGR valve that could be damaged by using it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
When i cleaned mine after de-flapping the other week, i could see nothing that could be damaged. If this ultrasonic process does not harm metal of any kind then it may well be ok.
I.E i did not see any rubber parts that would be easy damaged, saying that the product that i used would have melted any such parts. One wise thing to do is buy some of them rubber type medical gloves, VERY dirty job and the crud stays on your habds for days.

as for the flaps you will need these ones

I have one not so happy flapper

hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts