BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the title

Most of the time the gas pedal is nice and easy, not hard to get the full performance.

But sometimes it is really stiff, to the point where i can't be bothered trying and just settle at normal driving.

I dont drive like a maniac anyway, but to have to really force my foot to get what seems less than the usual max out of it, is a bit concerning

2000 528i sport 131,000

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
As per the title

Most of the time the gas pedal is nice and easy, not hard to get the full performance.

But sometimes it is really stiff, to the point where i can't be bothered trying and just settle at normal driving.

I dont drive like a maniac anyway, but to have to really force my foot to get what seems less than the usual max out of it, is a bit concerning

2000 528i sport 131,000
my e36 was the same,took it apart and cleaned it all up and relaid all the carpet and trim surrounding it and now much better but still a bit stiff,must be a bmw thing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh so might not be an engine thing?

Was thinking about spark plugs maybe not all cylinders firing (excuse the pun)

I wouldn't know how to check the plugs though, or know if any were in need of changing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont quote me on this but does yours have the kickdown wire inserted in the kickdown switch as some people disconnect them?worth a look and its usually on the back of it behind the pedal

nice looking car by the way
Thank you :) Condition wise for a 10/11 yr old it is 2nd to absolutle non, credit to its previous owners.

Not sure what wire this is, im very basic on my BM knowledge.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Thank you :) Condition wise for a 10/11 yr old it is 2nd to absolutle non, credit to its previous owners.

Not sure what wire this is, im very basic on my BM knowledge.
where your kickdown switch is behind your accelerator pedal on the floor on the back of the switch is a wire and it should be plugged in to the switch.it looks like a speaker terminal connector but sometimes works loose or gets taken off.

the switch is black usually and right behind your pedal so it might be a tight if your big like me to check with the old head under the dash and feet hanging out your door trick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts