BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 528i sport with xenons but recently the drivers side headlamp has stop working nothing works xenon, sidelight and indicator. when i turn the lights on there is a charge noise from the resistor pack the xenon light flashes then goes off anyone know what could be the problem??? the wiring seems to be ok..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have checked all the fuses and they are all ok, the xenons are original.. i forgot to mention that the front wing on the same side (drivers side) was hit and since then the light has not worked... but as i said the wiring seems fine.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have checked all the fuses and they are all ok, the xenons are original.. i forgot to mention that the front wing on the same side (drivers side) was hit and since then the light has not worked... but as i said the wiring seems fine.

Thanks
Hi mate,

Have you checked the earth to the lights, IIRC the lights are earthed by a multiple earthing stip (multiple brown wires) on the inner wing.

I thought if the wing was hit it may have loosened or even broken the earth connection? Worth a look anyway.

Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.