BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Have you recently changed any bulbs anywhere?

Putting a wrong bulb in anywhere can cause many weird things. My old Saab had the wrong brake light bulb in it when i got it. It should of had 2 elements but some prat put a single element in. Every time you braked the full beam headlights came on lol.

Check all your bulbs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have you tried putting a new dipped headlight bulb in the side that isn't lighting up? Sounds to me like it's blown and the reason your indicator is lighting up is to provide a light on that corner of your vehicle (It's a BMW safety feature)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car is e39 2000 523i X reg.

I did actually get the brake light bulb changed a while ago, but I dont know if that caused the issue. Also, my dashboard shows that the break light is faulty, but it is working perfectly fine, which is strange.

I may check the bulbs again!

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
this is because one of the LED things that make the angel eyes light up is faulty.
where the headlights are changed, there is a black circular holder which has 4 point...like a cone with 4 lips.

if you take the side that the indiactor comes on, you will find that the LED which emits the 6k light will flicker whereas the other side will have a constant glow to it.

Nas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts