BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can anyone give me some advice on my boot lid operation, all was working fine with the automatic soft close fuction, but after my wife used it (slams the boot closed) the mechanism will now not work and I cant lock it manually, hence it is now resting open all the time. Is there a sinple answer to this or is it a BMW garage job, I checked fuses but there is no reference to "boot" and all seem to be ok.

Many thanks

Geoff

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mines done this a few times and it just needs the latch moving around abit. The problem on mine was that teh latch was closed so when i closed the boot it wouldnt catch.

Id get in the boot and have a play with the latch. Hopefully it will problem solved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ronnie, the actual catch is down, but there seems to be no power at all. I have tried to use the manual key lock in all its positions but nothing.

geoff

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
What fuse box did you check?

there's one in the glovebox, one above the battery in the boot and the other under the bonnet in a black box but unlikely to be there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.