BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can someone tell me any differences from the m3 to a standard compact except the obvious engine, suspension, bumpers, i.e does it have a better obc more gadgets etc? cheers!:thumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ummm lots cause there was only ever 1 M3 compact ever bult by BMW.........but pretty much as you state...engine,bumpers,running gear...dash clocks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously? I didn't know that! howcome? just interested as to what like styling and interior upgrades they have really, cant find a good link to look around 1

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Hi can someone tell me any differences from the m3 to a standard compact except the obvious engine, suspension, bumpers, i.e does it have a better obc more gadgets etc? cheers!:thumbsup
Oh, I get it, this is an ironic joke on us "serious" BMW owners. Ok well the answer to your question is this.......yes, there are lots of differences

·
Registered
7 Posts
wikipedia said:
M3 compactTo celebrate the 50th birthday of the German automobile magazine Auto Motor und Sport in 1996, BMW M GmbH handbuilt (at least) one official BMW E36 M3 compact. The car was tested and described in the June edition of the magazine.[10]

The car embodied all the mechanical (engine, driveline, suspension) and visual (bumpers, wheels, mirrors, dashboard) characteristics of the stock E36 M3. It was powered by the 321 DIN-hp 3.2-litre engine, and its color was red with a black cloth/alcantara interior. It had the forged Styling 24M 5-doublespoke wheels that came standard on the M3 cabriolet, an exhaust with fairly centered quad exhaust tip, Recaro sports bucket seats, red four-point seat belts and an alcantara wrapped steering wheel and gear lever.
from wikipedia

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Oh, I get it, this is an ironic joke on us "serious" BMW owners. Ok well the answer to your question is this.......yes
This is why I just ignored this thread (for starters) as I didn't really know what to say.... Thought it might have been a joke.

Anyway, to reiterate the answer that Billy also gave.... Yes !

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest it was a serious question, this is my first BMW so i dont really know that much about them, only the 1 i have. need to up my knowledge i see!!

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
To be honest it was a serious question, this is my first BMW so i dont really know that much about them, only the 1 i have. need to up my knowledge i see!!
Honestly dont worry. Im not sure if the guys thought it was serious or not..:thumbsup
The M3 is a very different beast from a regular E36, the M3 evo is a different beast again. Have a read through the forum and also have read here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M3
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts