BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have yet another problem with my Compact......

Got MAF changed about 2 weeks ago because basically it ran rubbish! Now as from yeserday, it idles really lumpy. Low revs with the car shaking

I took ICV off today for a clean with carb cleaner but it still feels the same!

Is the ICV meant to rattle as when I shook it, it had a slight noise. Pipes have no splits in either.

Has anyone any suggestions??

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it to a garage today for them to have a look at. He said it came up witha fault code he doesnt recognise, 171 mixture preparation.

He cleared the code and now idles as nice as a BMW can. Does any one know what the code means? Does clearing the codes only mask the problem?

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
119 Posts
Took it to a garage today for them to have a look at. He said it came up witha fault code he doesnt recognise, 171 mixture preparation.

He cleared the code and now idles as nice as a BMW can. Does any one know what the code means? Does clearing the codes only mask the problem?

Thanks, Paul
clearing the code, is just that, clearing t he code.
whatever it is that went wrong would of gave a faulty reading and MADE the fault code be stored.

maybe he reset the adaption values? and the car sorted itself out? Im not majorly clued up on this to be honest but hope its some sort of help

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate your input mate! problem is back again exept its ideling rough one minute then the next time i come to a junction its idling on 1000 rpm.

Anyone think it might be a good idea to shell out on a new icv??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts