BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really annoying issue with my Rear parking sensors on my 2000 530d Auto.
Once put into reverse, they give a long beep, then stop, no intermitant signal, therefore, they are not working.
I have been told by an Indy that had a look a quick look at them, that it is probaly a break in the wire somewhere, and would take some time to track it down, and I really don't want to spend £££'s on Labour, any ideas that I could check for myself...I have been told the actual sensors themselves are all good...just the wiring !!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, he didn't say so, and I didn't think to ask, the car is going in again on Thursday for an airbag issue, which they picked up the codes for, strippng the seat down and replacing a sensor as apparently the airbag is inactive !!!
I'll make some inquires and get back to you.

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
No, he didn't say so, and I didn't think to ask, the car is going in again on Thursday for an airbag issue, which they picked up the codes for, strippng the seat down and replacing a sensor as apparently the airbag is inactive !!!
I'll make some inquires and get back to you.
Get them to read the PDC codes as write all codes and code numbers down on your next visit and post up :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have this problem intermittently at times also, and read elsewhere that one way to round it down is to swith on ignition, not engine, then put car in reverse. With this done you then go to sensors and at each one you should hear a ticking sound. No ticking sound would mean a problem with that sensor, I have tried this and it is quite audible!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts