BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start my car in the morning on a cold engine and i am stopped at the lights. The car sometimes has a mind of its owns and grunts, revs up on its own. when i mean it revs it dont rev hard it just revs slightly, the whole car shakes and vibrates. onces it vibrated so violently the car stalled, but after the car warms up the car has no issues.

also i must add the car has a nasty stiff accelerator, can this be linked?

thanks

·
Registered
20,393 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
ok i have had the codes read and it has come up with a camshaft sesnor. would anyone buy this from eurocarparts or do you think i should go stealers.

regards mike

Camshaft sensors are pretty common for giving up the ghost............we use the ones from either GSF or ECP- they are cheaper than getting from stealers, we use them all the time and have never had any issues with them.

IIRC- the GSF ones are cheaper to buy- I think they are around 30 squid but then again that would be trade.

Go with the GSF or even ECP sensors- you'll be ok mate.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
dont buy your sensor from euro parts, mine lasted 2 weeks , was made by febi ,red and white box
febi- Bilstein are actually a very good make but there are always the odd bad one in the batch I guess..........but we have used dozens of the febi ones, not had a prob yet...........I guess it just down to experience and what the individual/customer wants- some of our customers do insist we use parts sourced from BMW themselves purely due to them believeing they are more superior in quality than parts sourced from the likes of ECP and GSF but this is not always the case- as more often than not most parts sourced from ECP or GSF, etc will be OEM and produced in the same factory- only difference is that if the part is bought from the dealer- it would come in the BMW packaging and obviously have the stealers higher mark-up but the brand and part numbers would be the same.

but then on the other hand.............a few threads have popped-up here regards to wishbone rear bushes........ECP do both the replacement units (Lemforder) and an aftermarket one (Q-drive)- we would never fit the Q-drive ones ( even though they are almost half the cost) because the last couple of times we used them they did'nt last even a few days..........but then others may say that they never had any issues with them...............I guess its just down to what your own personal experience is with these certain brands and parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts