BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E46 318i 2000 1.9 petrol
:confused
I changed my fuel filter this mornin coz the car was spluttering and was losin power. now it seems ok in 1st,2nd,3rd,4th but when i go into fifth and open it up a little 110km to be exact and at 3000rpm she just flops droppin back in revs and speed.
If i put pressure on the accelorator she splutters and gets worse i have to let her slow down to 80km sometimes even 60km? anyone with any ideas i cant afford to garage her for two or three weeks.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi sharkie, what happens if you put it in a high gear and floor it when the revs are that low that you should really be in a lower gear?

Coil packs break down and can be noticed when the engine is put under load. By doing the above the engine will be under load and should show the same symptoms that you mention when in 5th.

Also, fuel pump could be on it's way out.

My be worth having a diagnostic scan performed on the car:thumbsup

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi sharkie, what happens if you put it in a high gear and floor it when the revs are that low that you should really be in a lower gear?

Coil packs break down and can be noticed when the engine is put under load. By doing the above the engine will be under load and should show the same symptoms that you mention when in 5th.

Also, fuel pump could be on it's way out.

My be worth having a diagnostic scan performed on the car:thumbsup
coil packs break down ??
could you explaine more about these coil packs? thanks in advance

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
E46 318i 2000 1.9 petrol
:confused
I changed my fuel filter this mornin coz the car was spluttering and was losin power. now it seems ok in 1st,2nd,3rd,4th but when i go into fifth and open it up a little 110km to be exact and at 3000rpm she just flops droppin back in revs and speed.
If i put pressure on the accelorator she splutters and gets worse i have to let her slow down to 80km sometimes even 60km? anyone with any ideas i cant afford to garage her for two or three weeks.
Any whistling or hissing from the exhaust when driving?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.