BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an e46 325Ise 2000. i have recently had my fault codes read after having problems with revs dropping at 3000revs.
codes i was given was (238)ee missfire on 1 and (241)f1 missfire on 4
i was advised to replace my maf,but still the same.i have changed plugs,coil packs on 1 and 4,fuel filter,air filter and checked all intake hoses for leaks but still no joy can anyone please help????

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
could be o2 sensors they can cause missfires aswell..

what fuel are you using??

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
out of interest what does it run like with the MAF unplugged?

its the quickest way to rule out or in vacuum leaks and maf..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the garage advised me to change the maf so i did,then i was told to unplug maf and try that but it was still the same.trouble ive got is the fault is intermitent

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
if its still the same unplugged my money is on o2 sensors going out of range or getting tired..they can give random missfire codes depending on the cam positions at the time of the actual blips..

similar thing here there is some variation in codes and symptoms but there is always underlying missfire codes connected to dodgy lambda sensors..

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382811

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another thing i found strange and might help.i recently changed the front brake pads but never changed the wear sensor.the warning light stayed on and was starting to annoy me so i changed the sensor.the light remained on.i then read on here that you had to reset the light.i did this and sure enough the light went out however i started the car and it ran very rough and kept cutting out at low revs.i drove for about 10 miles and it seemed to clear itself.i later thought to my self was the rough running due to reset....
i started the car and it run fine,i then did the reset thing again and sure enough it ran rough again.since then the car has run better but still not 100%??

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
that maybe connected to a throttle adaption reset or a dodgy cam sensor....

or maybe just coincidence..

a decent garage with the right diagnostics can monitor what your 02 sensors are doing and can tell if they have gone lazy....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the cam sensor is what i thought it could be but thought it would throw a code up for that.ive found a local garage that uses a bosch diagnostics i might give them a try.im getting tierd of throwing money at it now and coming up with the same results.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Could well be crankshaft sensors on cylinders 1 and 4 showing low combustion.

According to the BMW Fault code (DTC's) I have are the following:-

BMW code 238 = P0301 = cylinder 1 missfire
BMW code 241 = P0304 = cylinder 4 missfire

Could be faulty crankshaft sensor or poor combustion

Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
crank sensor it usually wont start in the first place or problematic starting same as a cam sensor..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts