BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one done this??

I was doing some reading on another forum about putting 2 stroke oil in with your derv fuel, its a comman thing apparently.

Well i decided to fill up over the weekend and put 1.5lt of 2 stroke mixed in with my fuel. After leaving the car running for 20/30 mins and then driving home (about 30 miles) i noticed several things.

The engine was a lot quieter

The engine was a little more responsive

The smoke and smell from the exhaust was gone. (I have no cat or DPF)

And driving to work this morning i got 3/4mpg more then i did doing the same jurney last week

Your thoughts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Diesel engines were originally designed to run on just about any old oil which is why if you look on your V5, it will say "heavy oil" under fuel. I used to drive a 1994 Pajero and quite regularly chucked 20 litres of veg oil straight into the tank. Worked out at £1 per litre instead of £1.45 per litre. It made no difference at all to the running. I've known people to put old engine oil into diesel and use that.
Having said all that, I don't think it would be a good idea to use anything other than straight diesel in todays modern engines. They are designed with such tight tolerances that damage would be caused if any other fuel was used.
Still, good fun at the time, driving down the road smelling like a fish & chip shop!!
Cheers
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.