BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Anybody have any dealing with these guys? www.1stchoice.co.uk

Seems a good service for parts but want to see what others think before I use them.

This ia a great servicve:

List the parts you want and then breakers up and down the UK email you quotes within minutes.

Be warned though, we use this service alot BUT you are still dealing with idiots, cowboys from breakers yards- I'm not saying that they are all like this but the last few times we have used this service we have had real headaches!!

If you get quotes from a company called Parts 'r' Us, stay well clear, the girls that answer the phone are a bunch of idiots and couldn't give a toss when things go wrong , when they finally put you through to a person in the "know" or in charge, he is no help at all.

We used these guy's only twice, and twice they fucked-up:
got a quote for a beemer M43TU engine, we supplied all the details including the engine number!!, they sent us the wrong M43 engine, after several calls, those girls finally patched us through to the "man".........the dildo tried telling my colleague that "we" were wrong and that the engine they sent would go striaght into the car and hung up. I personally spoke to the gimp myself asked him how the Fk an older M43 distributor engine would go into a car which had the M43TU engine and runs on electronic ignition!! knob finally saw sense and said he'd send another one out for next day- next day I called them, they said the engine had been sent out (the girlie told me), engine didn't arrive. Spoke to the "man" the day after, said they didn't have one!! we lost 2 weeks waiting on these idiots.

They pulled this stunt twice on 2 different engine requests!!

This was last year...........and yes I still am pissed!!

So remember......."Parts 'R' Us".........stay clear!!

There are aslo other dim witts that sign up to 1st choice who have sent out some real crap...............we ALWAYS pay on our credit cards, which covers us from these idiots if they send out goods that are shite, don't use your debit card if you can help it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got three replies...

2 didn't have the part..even though I gave the part Number...so why they replied I don't know
The other couldn't tell me the condition as he hadn't seen the part...but gave me a price!..how can you give a price without seeing the part?
I won't be using them again

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I got three replies...

2 didn't have the part..even though I gave the part Number...so why they replied I don't know
The other couldn't tell me the condition as he hadn't seen the part...but gave me a price!..how can you give a price without seeing the part?
I won't be using them again

True, like I said dude.............you are still dealing with cowboys in some cases, just need to watch out for them.

But this is actually a great service...............just last week I landed an E46 325 ci engine for my motor, £450 delivered with 3 months warranty and with 60k. We've used it many times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.