BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have just bought a Z3 2.8i 1999 to add to my E53 X5 3.0d and 116d fleet. It's really great but there are a couple of elecrical problems that I need to resolve.

1. On-board computer
The OBC display displays PPP and does not function, nor does the BC button on the indicator stalk. I know that shortly before I bought the car the battery was flat and that therefore it may need resetting. How do I do this?

2. Car alarm
The 3G EWS alarm key-fob sets the alarm successfully but I cannot stop it. The only way to do so is to disconnect the battery. It looks like the alarm is not properly synchronised with the central locking or other system electronics.
I also discovered that the remote control car key does not lock or unlock the car remotely. This is probably related as I suppose that the alarm key-fob is supposed to do the job instead. I followed the instructions in the manual to re-pair the key to the car but unfortunately this documented procedure keeps failing.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Is your central locking not working at all? if not then have you checked your fuses first of all for the central locking? :confused

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the fuses and all are OK. Central locking also works on both doors and boot - with key.
I'm tempted to take the car to a BMW dealership to sort out but I'm rather determined to solve this myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts