BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem being I have no thread in the bumper to fit mine into. Opened the flap and nothing. My mates has one so mine has been removed, but why?

I have an after market 'Towsure' tow bar fitted and either the standard rear section is replaced by a Towsure one with no thread, or the car has had a rear shunt but this wasnt replaced with the bumper? I have sent an email to towsure asking if they can confirm the first option, but it would be nice to have a rear eye for use with my now pointless solid towing bar.

Any one got any ideas what has happened? I see a trip to a BMW dealers coming up :lol:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very strange. It looks like the bumper is coming off then. Great, another strip down on a car I havent worked on before :lol: Getting the head off the 523i for my mate took 10 hours, 10 fliping hours, I can rebuild an engine in 10 hours on a toyota :lol I am getting used to BMWs mind set now tho, many clips and fixings are starting to become a familiar theme. There are some real nice ideas on them too, removing the rad and PS cooler and air con rad for example is just 2 screws and a plastic clip then it pops out in sections. Well designed!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Use the list of breakers supplied in your other thread to search one out if it's required:thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts