BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 1999 E46 328i iv tried looking for information about a throttle body convertion, has any one on this site done this and if so what bits do you need and how much of a real difference in power does it give???

·
Vendor
4,255 Posts
with the ms42 ecu fitted to your car you will be better off getting your car remapped as this will give you more power,torque,and much better throttle responce

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi i have a 1999 E46 328i iv tried looking for information about a throttle body convertion, has any one on this site done this and if so what bits do you need and how much of a real difference in power does it give???
Hi there, Come and have a remap from myself. You'll be looking at 16-18bhp and 17-20Nm. It'll remove the flat spot that is there and pull like never before.
If your NOT impressed with it, then i'll simply put it back to standard and you pay NOTHING! how does that sound for a guarantee?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Go for a 330i manifold and a bigger bore throttle body. You can't use the 330i throttle body as it's fly-by-wire, your 328i (M52TU B28) is a cable throttle.

Not sure about current availability of bigger throttle bodies - CA Automotove advertised them years ago. You may need to source it from the US.

After those 2, THEN get a remap!!! If you can't get a bigger throttle body, the stock 328i one & a remap alone will see ok gains.

HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts