BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, This is my second time posting and I am having an issue with my sedan. Check engine light on giving 1188/1189 codes, I have changed fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. after 15 miles engine light re-appears with the same codes. I am at a loss.... any ideas what to check next?

Thanks, Manny B.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1999 328i sedan, E46

I changed the intake rubber hose coming off the MAF sensor, I did not feel any cracking or hoses on the second one going towards the block. It all appears to be tight. (maybe I missed something) If I am hearing you, these codes are reading airflow leaks in the intake? I will pull off again and reinspect. I appreciate your quick response!:cool

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
i would check all the vacuum hoses and there offshoots there is quiete a few...

and its a very common fault because of it..

your MAF may also be throwing these codes if its suspect in any way...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will tear into it now and let you know if this works. I really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cleaned the MAF sensor, used an airhose to blow out the air filter box, changed both rubber hoses for the intake. I still am getting the codes P1188/P1189. I did notice a hose coming off the valve cover(I assume its the PVC hose) is cracked. Do you think this will have a factor in it?

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
anything thats leaking unmetered air to the engine will affect it...

drive it around with the MAF unplugged for a few miles it will be in limp mode reduced power but if the codes dont come back it will prove its either the MAF or vacuum leaks...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI Dailydoggy,
I am waiting for a hose I ordered to replace for the valve cover, while test driving, I put the car in reverse and felt a louder bang going from park to reverse(auto Transmission). as I was driving on the highway a vibration got more noticable around 110 plus Kilometers and when I backed off the gas pedal the backpressure vibration was very noticable in the seat of my pants. I replaced the middle carrier bearing/bracket 6 months ago,but not the rubber at the front of the drive shaft. Could the rubber be going bad now also? Please let me know,

Thank you,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much for your response!! I am taking this car on a road trip this weekend so I wanted to get it fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts