BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
First of all sorry if this is posted in the wrong place as i am new to the site! i finally got my dream of owning my first BMW just before Christmas :). i brought a 328i SE 4 door on a 99. Only to 4 days later have to unavoidably drive through a hole in the road caused by the recent terrible weather. the hole in question was 47" long 16" wide and 5" deep. I was travelling at 40mph and the force of this caused the N/s front, rear, and roof curtain air bags to deploy:frown. there was no structural damage to the car but i never doubted it's build that's why i chose BMW. I have found an airbag kit on eBay and blow off cable for the battery. I'm confidant i can fit all these parts but it's the ecu info that i need. Does the airbag ecu need pairing to the engine ecu? somebody told me that i would have to buy the engine ecu also! any advice would be gratefully accepted as i want to get her back to the perfect state that she deserves.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hmmm not sure?
I've disconnected and reconnected the drivers door one when I fixed the window regulator, had the battery disconnected during caused no problem.
From what I remember there's only two wires to it which suggests it's triggered by a simple current, therefore simply plug and play like mentioned and no coding needed ?

HTH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers m8 some told me today that i can plug new ones in and will need ecu resetting. But they are not bimmer knowledgeable the claim to the council is already in!. to make matters worse i had just picked the missus up from the hospital from having a major op and the seat belt restraint busted the stitches open in her stomach.! she ok now though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You should be okay to replace the expended parts (diconnector and airbag), then you need the airbag ECU reset. INPA, autologic etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts