BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
Busy weekend this, gotta say thanks for the help with the remote, the batterys were shot and the main key is worn out!
Fitted my multi function steering wheel today! Woooo!
Doesnt do anything though (booooo!).

Will it need to be programmed by mr BMW?
I realise the cruise isnt going to do anything as that need some more detective work, but it plugged in ok.
Does it light up at night? or am i imagining things?

Just have to add, this steering wheel is the sheild shaped airbag, NOT the round one. I've managed to buy a change-over year (AGAIN!!) car and it has the older shape wheel!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
now the damned airbag light has come on...:(
Aaaand disconnected the battery for 10 mins, checked all the airbag connections. Stiil on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
BTW Egon, cruise will only work if the parts like the cruise actuator have been fitted. Airbag will need a proper reset using a tool.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a chat with a nice bloke in a BM dealership. He was really helpful in that there is a retrofit kit for this wheel and has given me a part number and a price too (all of £17!). Handy to know.
I'll get it when payday gets here (xmas-grrrr!) and see what its all about.
The only reference to the actuator for the cruise that i've found so far is in the haynes manual! The guy reakoned that once fitted and plugged in, that will need programming up.
He was going to email me the instructions in pdf too, so if its ok, i'll upload it when its done as a sticky, to save others the same headaches!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts