BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ran in to a hicup. caliper is on even though it must have come from a smaller engine as the carrier was tiny,managd t osave my carrier so thats too bad but iv also recieved 294mm rear discs and my carrier wont go near as i think my discs are 274mm anyway only way i thing i can get round this is either sending the discs back and getting them to send the correct size ones , or getting bigger carrierr, im considering this option as bigger is better right. anyeay is it 328i carriers i need and does any one know were i can source a pair.

thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
just rang the place i got the discs from and its gonna cost me more to swap them i think than buying the new carriers if i can find some that is

edit gone order some new discs instead brembo max , are these any good. also new brake shoes so hopefully will be alot better than before too

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Looking up yours on the system, they should be 276 x 19 ventilated... but, BMW also did the 294 x 19 ventilated discs for the 323i which were part of an "increased load" specification. The 294 discs were standard on the 328i/ci - so maybe get a couple of carriers from one of them as you suggest.

HTH

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you upgrade the rears you need to upgrade the fronts or you could unbalance the brakes and end with with worse braking than before :eek

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
if you upgrade the rears you need to upgrade the fronts or you could unbalance the brakes and end with with worse braking than before :eek
Should be OK mate, the master cylinder and ABS take care of that. :thumbsup

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Iv just bought the brembo max discs and a new set of brake shoes , which leads to my next question , how the hell do you change the shoes and reset them ,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts