BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, im after suggestions to get more power out of my 323i, i no alot of answers will b buy a car with a bigger engine but im not willing to do that for another few years! any suggestion would be great!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looked into that few months back was quoted 250 pounds and would give 15-18 extra bhp, if anyone could recommend a good company that would b great. was looking for other ways such as changing manifolds etc, any information would be great!

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
most ive seen ya lucky to get 10bhp, better off driving it with all the heating off and no spare tyre in the boot and telling the missus to walk..

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
not much you can do to the 323 tbh!, there is some that say using the the m54 inlet manifold feels good, although there isn't any real info out there on this!, then there is the exhaust its self! talk is that you can modify the single exhaust of the m52 to be able to fit the m54 twin exhaust, again may mave slight benifits, (better sound aswell) add a panel filter and a remap and that should see you with some noticable difference, mainly in the response, i wouldn't expect big bhp from this though as to get 192bhp from the m52 they had to make it a 2.8.
the other option from accross the pond and recently with mcgoo on here is to just swap out the 2.5 for the 2.8!, £300-£500 note and a bit of labour and you have the power you want!. other option is to see if you can fit a mini supercharger, can get them from scrappys and modify parts and mounts, should see 25-35 hp min.

·
Registered
7 Posts
not much you can do to the 323 tbh!, there is some that say using the the m54 inlet manifold feels good, although there isn't any real info out there on this!, then there is the exhaust its self! talk is that you can modify the single exhaust of the m52 to be able to fit the m54 twin exhaust, again may mave slight benifits, (better sound aswell) add a panel filter and a remap and that should see you with some noticable difference, mainly in the response, i wouldn't expect big bhp from this though as to get 192bhp from the m52 they had to make it a 2.8.
the other option from accross the pond and recently with mcgoo on here is to just swap out the 2.5 for the 2.8!, £300-£500 note and a bit of labour and you have the power you want!. other option is to see if you can fit a mini supercharger, can get them from scrappys and modify parts and mounts, should see 25-35 hp min.
There's not much info on the M54 manifold swap because its not so sraight forward as putting an M50 manifold on an M52 engine-What I've seen is its a very complicated process-a lot work and money for a little gain

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
There's not much info on the M54 manifold swap because its not so sraight forward as putting an M50 manifold on an M52 engine-What I've seen is its a very complicated process-a lot work and money for a little gain
thats my point exactly!, thats why i have put aledgedly!, some guys on here have done it with the 2.5 m54 inlet with adaption plate, but i am not really convinced. unless there is a before and after rr.
the real powergain for the inlet swap as far as i was sure was on the e36, not the e46, but there is people who believe its a gain, that though is upto you to deside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts