BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know ive recently but a 2.8 in my 323 it went in with no major problems and started first time :)

it runs realy well now but i still have to go to bmtec to get it hooked up to the diagnostics to check what faults it may or maynot have..

now during the build ive lost the pipe of the tank vent valve, where can i get one from and where does it go to? theres a vent pipe that comes from the rear for the car that follows the fuel lines but when i connected the two it ran worse, but that may be a case of the ecu got used to running without it?

anyway heres the sensor, is at the front of the engine under the throttle body, with like a ribbed centre

theres a video of the car running on my project thread page 6 onwards

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet cheers mate i found the top diagram but not the lower one which is the one i need

can anyone guess to why it ran worse with the pipe on? is that just due to the ecu finding the best settings for that set up?

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
dunno to be honest its job is to burn fuel vapour that would usually be lost to atmosphere on a normal car global warming and emmisions and all that...

if the system is not vapour tight so to speak it could draw unwanted air instead i would of thought..

·
Registered
901 Posts
This Charcoal Cannister does it then fill up over time and would need replacing or suffer the consequences ? :hihi

Just wondering that's all, cheers :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts