BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above, as soon as i start the car up the abs and dsc lights are on all the time. As i start to drive the red brake warning light comes on.

I have red the error codes on my aired unit but it comes up with 149 wheel speed sensor. Now i can't find 149 anywhere on the forums??

I had also a shed load of other codes i erased and never came back. It will not let me read the abs, or the ic modual?

Anyone had this?

Thanks all

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I am using an autel maxidiag on obd2

What makes you think NSR sensor? Speedo is ok btw? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I am using an autel maxidiag on obd2

What makes you think NSR sensor? Speedo is ok btw? Thanks
Its nothing to do with the speedo-The sensor measures the speed of all the wheels and if one is moving faster than the others the car assumes its spinning and puts on the dsc and brakes...also happens if you have a duff sensor hence why all your lights are on.Repplace the sensor and problem solved :thumbsup

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help gents I will get a new sensor for it and also subscribe to autel. Thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too have been having this issue for ages now,. it was intermittant at first with the 2 (asc & abs) lighting up,. i also had a buzzing from the abs pump just before the lights come on (imminent pump failure?) now the lights are on permantley, i initially replaced the drivers side rear sensor which made the lights go out for 1 journey!, so i got pa soft and read the codes,. after hours of googling i established the codes i had pointed to the front left sensor signal, so ive replaced this as well,..... the lights are still on and i cant clear the errors,. and to ad insult to injury the handbrake light is now intermittantly coming on as well!!., does anyone think the initial buzzing from the ABS pump means its failed, when i changed the front left sensor i had same codes apart form one,. codes below from ABS in pa soft,.>

dec 20 hex 0014 0/00
dec 33 hex 0021 255/ff
dec 17 hex 0011 0/00..

can anyone help with this??

thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts