BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo lads,
Please help!:frown
My windscreen motor is functioning and water is getting pumped to the jets as normal,when I remove the tube from the jets it gushes out like a fountain.My problem is nothing at all is coming out of either jets.Also I'm confused why there are wires connected to the jets too and what are their purpose?
Any advice would be more than welcomed,cheers:thumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NealP your the man!

Thanks a million mate for the info. and explaining they're heated.
So as I understand,from your link,dismantling the nozzles and freeing the red rubbers and happy days,it's fountain time!:D

·
Registered
884 Posts
You might also want to take the reservoir out and give the inside of it a good clean out. You get a lot of gunk and dirt in there which causes blockages.

Lastly, when you've done everything you've been told here, take pins and poke them into each of the jet holes, preferably while someone is operating the system. This is good for clearing out and last bits of dirt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers GordonJ & NealP

Thanks for your time and advice.Sorted the rubbers,they have obviously contracted in the cold weather and blocked the nozzles.Re-aligned the jets as well.Excellent site!:thumbsup

·
Registered
44 Posts
Jets Clogged

I had this problem on my 328i Convertible. All I did to unclog them was take them both off the bonnet, stick a pin in all the jet holes and blow through the end, like you do with a ballon, where the water is fed through.

I put them back on and they worked fine.

The reason they get blocked is that when you clean your car is very easy to get tiny bits of dirt forced in to the jets which 9 times out of 10 leads to a clog.

:cool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.