BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on here and unfortunatly its a problem post :frown

I have a 1999 E46 1.9 single cam that has clocked up a few miles. I have repaired most of the problems with the car but this morning while taking the misses to work, My car decided to stall on a majorly busy road,outside her work :jaw-dropping

She stalled coming down from around 2000 Revs, steering gone and everything. I also noticed lights flashing on the dash and guages ( rev guage mainly ) going everywhere. I started her bk up for her to stall again straight away. left her for 10 secs ish, where she started again with a huge poof of smoke, after which she was fine on the return home....

if anyone can give me any kind of ideas....... :)

Thanks in advance. Chris

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
First post on here and unfortunatly its a problem post :frown

I have a 1999 E46 1.9 single cam that has clocked up a few miles. I have repaired most of the problems with the car but this morning while taking the misses to work, My car decided to stall on a majorly busy road,outside her work :jaw-dropping

She stalled coming down from around 2000 Revs, steering gone and everything. I also noticed lights flashing on the dash and guages ( rev guage mainly ) going everywhere. I started her bk up for her to stall again straight away. left her for 10 secs ish, where she started again with a huge poof of smoke, after which she was fine on the return home....

if anyone can give me any kind of ideas....... :)

Thanks in advance. Chris

Hi mate,

u need to get a diagnostic done- that will more or less tell u whats wrong with it if its sensor related, which it probably is..........have u had any of the sensors changed? i.e camshaft, MAF, crankshaft............I saw something similar on a customers E46 last month- it was the camshsft sensor.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Would also be a good idea to check your induction pipes,engine breather pipes and vacuum pipes for splits :thumbsup

But like mentioned definitely get a diagnostic check done

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.