BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Along with other BMW owners we are also having bool lock problems, having read other threads none seem to apply to our problem. We can lock and unlock our car with key fob and key, however, the boot locking mechanism unlocks but the push button to open the boot fails to disengage the lock. We have to lock and unlock using keyfob a number of times before the button will engage to release the boot, it will not open at all with the key in the boot.

Any suggestions and remedies greatly received.

caris

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi

Along with other BMW owners we are also having bool lock problems, having read other threads none seem to apply to our problem. We can lock and unlock our car with key fob and key, however, the boot locking mechanism unlocks but the push button to open the boot fails to disengage the lock. We have to lock and unlock using keyfob a number of times before the button will engage to release the boot, it will not open at all with the key in the boot.

Any suggestions and remedies greatly received.

caris
I have this on my E36 Touring:frown I removed the tailgate covering and found that the button was sticking and was preventing the button from completing it's cycle to unlatch the tailgate.

I tried a bit of lube;) and it worked for a couple of goes but then stopped every time the tailgate was closed. I think a replacement is in order but for the time being I've left the covering off so when I need to open it I can just climb through the back and do it manually from the inside.

:rofl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.