BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, firstly this is my first post and had a lil browse over the forum and wow what great info you offer.

recently bought the car mentioned in the title and so far nothing but problems lol, firstly the m43 u connection exploded and so took me ages trying to fix that ( im not very mechanically minded whatsoever) fitted it and it was still leaking coolant so i bought some seal washers and that seems to of done the job. however my biggest problem is when im changing gear or taking my foot off the throttle (more power the worse it is) i slightly swerve to the right, almost as if it wants to kill me. any ideas as to what this is?

info that might be able to help...... when i first bought it, my uncle had to redo the tightness of the hub nut on the rear right hand side wheel as it had a lot of wobble in it. also when decelleratting i can hear a clicking noise coming from the rear wheel (lately this has become less apparent)

really hope there is something you can reccomend as need to take the car on a uge journey at the end of march.

take care all

chris

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
A couple of things could do that, dragging brakes, and a worn wheel bearing is a possibility, but I have a feeling it is one of the trailing arm bushes, so when the wheel is pushing the car, it points one way, but when the car is pulling on the wheel, it slops back to a different position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts